Voice search technology has increased dramatically in recent years,
Indeed, this trend will continue to reshape how we search online.
That is to say, an increasing number of people are using voice to search the web, find local businesses, or even book a table at their favorite restaurant.
Check out these 28 astounding voice technology statistics to help you dominate search results in a voice-activated world.
General Voice Search SEO Statistics
- Google’s mobile voice search is now available in over 60 languages. (Source: Wikipedia)
- In 1960, IBM Shoebox released the world’s first voice recognition tool. (Source: IBM)
- More than half of all smart speaker owners use their devices regularly. (Source: NPR)
- Google Speech Recognition currently supports more than 100 languages. (Source: Google)
- The average voice search result page takes 4.6 seconds to load. (Source: Backlinko)
- By 2025, 75% of US households will own smart speakers. (Source: Voicebot)
Voice Technology Usage Statistics
- Research found that 21% of respondents used voice searches weekly (Source: Search Engine Watch)
- According to projections, the number of digital voice assistants will reach 8.4 billion units by 2024, which is more than the world’s population. (Source: WMDM)
- 61% of those aged 25-64 said they will use voice devices more in the future. And 57% of those aged 18-24, stating they will expand their use of speech devices in the coming years. (Source: PwC).
- Google Home sales are expected to reach 140 million by 2025. (Source: Statista)
- 52% of voice-assistant users say they use voice technology nearly every day. In comparison to 46% before the pandemic. (Source: National Public Media)
- 53% of voice-activated speaker owners said it feels natural to talk to it. (Source: Google)
Voice Assistant Statistics
- People who do not own a voice assistant are 34% more likely to buy one. Late adopters will drive the smart speaker market forward. (Source: Global Web Index).
- 93% of consumers are happy with their voice assistants. The ability to multitask, get immediate answers to problems, and make their life easier are the top perks customers report for using voice speakers. (PwC).
- Apple’s Siri controls more than one-third of the smartphone voice assistant market. (Source: Future Source)
- By 2027, the smart speaker market is expected to be worth more than $19 billion. (Source: ResearchandMarkets)
- 82% of smart speaker owners found their intelligent assistants extremely helpful. (Source: CapTech Consulting)
Smart Speaker Statistics
- In the United States, about 60 million people own 157 million smart speakers. (Source: MarketingLand)
- Each week, smart speaker owners will average approximately 11 different requests by voice. (Source: NPR)
- 11.5% of American adults who own a smart speaker (Google Home, Apple, or Amazon Echo) said they use it to make a purchase monthly. (Source: Voicebot)
- 68% of smart speaker owners use them to listen to the news. (Source: Nielsen)
- Almost one-third of US consumers are interested in utilizing smart speakers for customer support. (Source: Statista)
- According to estimates, 65 million Amazon Echo devices will be shipped in 2021. (Source: Statista)
Consumer Behavior Voice Statistics
- The top three rooms where customers keep their voice assistants: their living room (52%), their bedroom (25%), and their kitchen (22%) (Source: Google)
- Smart speaker owners will typically request nearly 11 different tasks via voice each week (Source: NPR)
- 71% of consumers prefer to make voice inquiries rather than typing them. (Source: Oberlo)
- Voice assistants are preferred by 49% of consumers over human contacts in stores/call centers because they are faster. (Source: Capgemini)
- Just over 45% of customers stated they would prefer their favorite mobile applications to have voice help. (Source: Voicebot)
Maximize Your Visibility With Unbind Media
Digital marketing is not an easy task. Even if you know all the basics,
keeping track of the moving elements and successfully implementing them takes time and energy,
Get an experienced team on your side if you truly want to succeed in internet marketing.
At Unbind Media, we strive to support our clients in every way we can.
Contact our team of SEO experts, and we’ll help you get started.